Brisbane : Cat Boarding
How to Prepare Your Cat for Brisbane Cat Boarding
While it is always bittersweet to leave a pet behind while you leave for a fun holiday adventure, there are things you can do before you leave to make the Brisbane cat boarding experience better. Of course, making sure that their accommodations are clean, spacious, and entertaining is essential. Checking that the Brisbane cat boarding staff is made up of trained professionals who love animals is a must. But there are other ways to help your cat through the process of being apart.
- Training. Make sure your cat is trained to know basic commands, to simplify the process for his caregivers.
- Socialization. Cats who are not used to new people and animals may not be as happy in Brisbane cat boarding situations. Gently introduce your cat to new experiences before boarding her for the first time.
- Vaccinations. Your cat should be up to date on all vaccinations before he can be boarded, for the safety of himself and all of the animals at the facility.
- Acclimation. Don't leave your cat at a boarding facility for too long the first time around. Make it an overnight trip or a weekend excursion to get your cat used to the arrangements. Then, when you wish to go on a longer trip, your cat will be fully prepared to handle it.
- Supplies. Before dropping your pet off, make sure that you have all of her medications, food, and your contact information with you. Say goodbye happily so that your pet knows everything is going to be okay.